Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE programming for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the breaking news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- MizTV started the show, featuring John Morrison, Ricochet, Drew McIntyre, Riddle, AJ Styles and Omos. After some trash talking and a scuffle between babyfaces and heels, John Morrison defeated Ricochet by count-out due to The Miz’s interference.
- Doudrop, Eva Marie, Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler defeated Alexa Bliss, Asuka, Naomi and Nikki A.S.H. by pinfall.
- Mustafa Ali defeated Mansoor by pinfall.
- Drew McIntyre defeated Jinder Mahal by disqualification due to interference from Veer and Shanky.
- Lucha House Party defeated Mace and T-Bar by pinfall.
- Riddle defeated AJ Styles by pinfall.
- Charlotte Flair tried selling the idea she’s injured and Rhea Ripley did it to avoid facing her at Money in the Bank. However, Ripley came out and proved Flair was faking it. They dueled with crutches until Flair ran off.
- Jaxson Ryker and R-Truth defeated Elias and Cedric Alexander by pinfall. R-Truth ran off at the start of the match to chase after the 24/7 Championship and Elias chose not to tag himself in, leaving Alexander on his own in a short match.
- The New Day defeated Bobby Lashley and MVP by pinfall.
- NXT Tag Team Championship Match: MSK defeated Tommaso Ciampa and Timothy Thatcher by pinfall to retain the titles.
- Karrion Kross and Johnny Gargano had a face-to-face, mediated by William Regal and Samoa Joe. Gargano gets a title opportunity next week and Samoa Joe will be the special guest referee.
- Million Dollar Championship Match: LA Knight (c) defeated Cameron Grimes by pinfall. As per the stipulation, that means Grimes has to be Knight’s butler.
- The participants in the NXT Breakout Tournament are revealed to be: Trey Baxter, Carmelo Hayes, Andre Chase, Josh Briggs, Ikemen Jiro, Joe Gacy, Odyssey Jones and Duke Hudson (who used to go by Brendan Vink and Tony Modra)
- NXT Women’s Tag Team Championship Match: Io Shirai and Zoey Stark defeated The Way (Candice LeRae and Indi Hartwell) (c) by pinfall to win the titles due in part to a distraction by a returning Tegan Nox, who was revealed to be the Superstar behind the recharging battery. Nox then went after LeRae.
- To celebrate Isaiah “Swerve” Scott winning the North American Championship, Hit Row had a rap cypher.
- Adam Cole defeated Kyle O’Reilly by pinfall.
- Veer defeated Jeff Hardy
- Angel Garza defeated Shelton Benjamin
- Kenny Williams defeated Nathan Frazer by pinfall
- Mark Andrews defeated Lewis Howley by pinfall.
- Blair Davenport defeated Laura Di Matteo by pinfall.
- Trent Seven defeated Eddie Dennis by pinfall.
FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Baron Corbin by pinfall to qualify for the Money in the Bank ladder match.
- Shotzi Blackheart and Tegan Nox defeated Natalya and Tamina by pinfall.
- Seth Rollins defeated Cesaro by pinfall to qualify for the Money in the Bank ladder match.
- Edge called out Roman Reigns. With help from Dominik and Rey Mysterio, the trio took out The Usos as Reigns backed off and watched.
- Josh Briggs defeated Asher Hale by pinfall.
- Odyssey Jones defeated Grayson Waller by pinfall.
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!
World News || Latest News || U.S. News