ROH has announced that Mark and Jay Briscoe will face Bateman and Dutch of The Righteous on night one. On night two, Mark and Jay will face Demonic Flamita and Flip Gordon.
The official announcement from the ROH website is as follows:
It’s a rare occasion when Jay and Mark Briscoe face a tag team that is every bit as nasty and violent as they are, but Aug. 20 at Glory By Honor Night 1 at Philadelphia’s 2300 Arena will be one of those rare occasions.
That night, the Briscoes will tangle with Bateman and Dutch of The Righteous.
While the 11-time former ROH World Tag Team Champion Briscoes are focused on working their way back into title contention, the monstrous duo of Bateman and Dutch seem more concerned with inflicting pain on their opponents than winning matches. Case in point: Dutch has only had two matches thus far in ROH, and he’s been disqualified in both.
Bateman and Dutch are willing to go to any lengths to please Righteous leader Vincent, who surely would be ecstatic if they were to decimate the most decorated tag team in ROH history.
Of course, getting the better of Sandy Fork, Del.’s favorite sons in a wrestling match or a brawl is a tall order for anyone. Since reuniting after their Fight on the Farm, the Briscoes are 2-0 and looking every bit like the baddest tag team on the planet.
Will the Briscoes give Bateman and Dutch a Sandy Fork-style beating? Or will it be a Righteous night in Philly? Join us live or streaming for HonorClub to find out!
— ROH Wrestling (@ringofhonor) August 4, 2021
The updated cards for both nights are as follows:
Night One (August 20)
- ROH World Title – Bandido (C) vs. Flip Gordon
- ROH Pure Title – Jonathan Gresham (C) vs. Rhett Titus
- La Faccion Ingoberable vs. Violence Unlimited
- EC3 vs. Brian Johnson
- The Briscoes vs. The Righteous (Bateman and Dutch)
Night Two (August 21)
- Steel Cage Match – Matt Taven vs. Vincent
- Dragon Lee & RUSH vs. Bandido & Rey Horus
- The Foundation vs. Violence Unlimited
- Flip Gordon & Demonic Flamita vs. The Briscoes
- ROH World Six-Man Tag Team Championship: Shane Taylor Promotions vs. Incoherence (Delirious, Hallowicked and Frightmare)