United Kingdom

Boy, 17, stabbed to death at a house party

Police at the scene after a teenager was stabbed at the house party in Armley (Picture: Men Media / Yorkshire Live)

A 17-year-old boy was stabbed to death at a house party last night.

Around 2.48am, officers from West Yorkshire Police were called to Salisbury Grove, Armley, after Yorkshire Ambulance Service were told that a man had been stabbed.

Officers found a large number of people in the house and told them to leave immediately.

They found a teenage boy with serious injuries. He was rushed to hospital but was pronounced dead a short time later.

A man who lives across the street from where the house party told Yorkshire Live, said: ‘I live opposite the house where the tragedy happened.

‘They are new houses and have only been built a couple of months ago and this was the first party I think to be held there.

‘The mood was fine, music was a bit loud but everyone was enjoying themselves. I thought no more of it and went to bed.

‘It was only in the morning when I woke up that I saw all the police and the area cordoned off.

‘Sadly the first party to be held there and it’s ended in tears.’

A spokesperson for West Yorkshire Police said: ‘Police have launched a murder investigation following the death of a 17-year-old boy in Leeds.

‘At 2.48am this morning, police received reports of a disturbance at a house in Salisbury Grove, Armley, where a party involving a large number of people had been taking place.

‘A further call was received from the ambulance service who were responding to a male reported to have been stabbed at the address.

‘Officers attended and dispersed people from the area around the address, and the victim, a 17-year-old boy from Leeds, was taken to hospital where he was pronounced dead a short time later.

‘Detectives from West Yorkshire Police Homicide and Major Enquiry Team are treating his death as murder.

‘A scene remains in place around the address in Salisbury Grove to undergo forensic examination and specialist searches.’

Senior Investigating Officer, Detective Chief Inspector Alan Weekes said: ‘The loss of a young life in such sudden and violent circumstances is an absolute tragedy, and we are treating this incident very seriously and doing everything we can to identify those responsible.

‘We are continuing to support this young man’s family at what is clearly an incredibly difficult time for them, and we are committed to getting them the answers they need as we progress our enquiries.’

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at [email protected].

For more stories like this, check our news page.

Checkout latest world news below links :
World News || Latest News || U.S. News

Source link

Back to top button