Police have found a body in the search for a missing sailor who went overboard almost a fortnight ago.
David Haw has not been seen since he reportedly fell off a small watercraft at Poole Harbour.
It’s unclear how the incident happened but detectives are continuing to quiz a 19-year-old man from Southampton.
Police arrested him on suspicion of manslaughter shortly after the search began on May 2.
The Marine Accident Investigation Branch previously described it as a ‘tragic accident that occurred…when a Rigid Inflatable Boat (RIB) collided with a navigation buoy’.
Air and boat crews abandoned their efforts on May 4 but officers said they would continue to look for David.
Dorset police said they received a report at 1.37pm on Saturday that a body had been spotted in the water.
Formal identification has not yet taken place, but the force said the body is believed to be that of Mr Haw.
Detective inspector Simon Huxter said: ‘David’s family have been kept fully updated and our thoughts are very much with them and all David’s loved ones at this extremely difficult time.
‘We will continue to do all we can to support them.
‘I would like to thank everyone who was involved in the searches since David went missing for their efforts.’
The 19-year-old previously arrested remains released under investigation.
Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at [email protected].
For more stories like this, check our news page.