Regé-Jean Page is the swoonworthy star of Netflix’s new romance series ‘Bridgerton.’ The dashing actor at the center of the binge-worthy show is going to be Hollywood’s next big thing.
Get ready because Bridgerton’s Regé-Jean Page is about to charm your pants off. The 30-year-old actor stars as the handsome and mysterious Simon Basset, the Duke of Hastings, in the new Netflix series that starts streaming on Dec. 25. You might be asking, who is Regé-Jean Page? Get to know the Bridgerton breakout star with our 5 key facts.
1. Bridgerton isn’t Regé-Jean’s first Shondaland show. Before Bridgerton, Regé-Jean starred in the Shonda Rhimes-produced legal drama For The People. The series ran for two seasons on ABC. Soon after For The People ended, Regé-Jean nabbed the role of Simon in Bridgerton, whose love story with Daphne Bridgerton (Phoebe Dynevor) is the focus of the season. Bridgerton, based on Julia Quinn’s bestselling romance novel series, is part of the Shondaland umbrella on Netflix. Shonda is one of the executive producers of the series.
2. He spent his childhood in Zimbabwe. Regé-Jean grew up in Harare, Zimbabwe. He moved to London at the age of 14. Through those early years, the actor traveled a lot. “We were in Zimbabwe [until I was 14]. But throughout that period my family was rather spread out—I have family in South Africa, Australia, Sweden, Grenada, Florida—so you make pit stops and you grow your perspective,” he told Interview magazine.
3. Regé-Jean’s breakthrough role was in the Roots remake. He starred as Chicken George in the 2016 History Channel miniseries. The role was Regé-Jean’s American TV debut, and he received critical praise for his performance.
4. Bridgerton is just one of two major projects for Regé-Jean in 2020. Regé-Jean also stars in the romance movie Sylvie’s Love as Chico Sweetney. The film was released Dec. 23 on Amazon Prime. The actor stars alongside Tessa Thompson.
5. He studied at a notable drama center in London. The actor graduated from the Drama Centre London in 2013. Other former students include Colin Firth, Pierce Brosnan, Emilia Clarke, Tom Hardy, and more. Soon after graduating, he appeared on stage in The History Boys and Merchant of Venice before starting the final season of Waterloo Road in 2015.
World News || Latest News || U.S. News
Help us to become independent in PANDEMIC COVID-19. Contribute to diligent Authors.