Celebrity News

Simon Cowell says his £15m mansion nearly floated away after floods in London

Simon Cowell has said that his £15 million London mansion “nearly floated away” after flash floods engulfed the capital.

The 61-year-old X Factor music mogul was seen close to his home in West London, after a month’s rain fell from the skies in just an hour on Monday night.

The Britain’s Got Talent supremo half-joked when asked whether he had avoided being hit by the floods.

He said: “Not really, my house nearly floated away.”

There were a number of celebrities who were affected by the downpour, with Queen guitarist Brian May being among the worst hit.

The 73-year-old legendary musician said that his Kensington pad had been turned into a “horror” house after a sewage leak saw a much of his basement destroyed by the stinking sludge.

Simon Cowell said his house almost ‘floated away’ in the floods

A month's worth of rain fell in an hour on West London
A month’s worth of rain fell in an hour on West London

The heartbroken star shared a video which showed the extent of the damage and that photo albums, which were on the floor at the time, had been ruined by the water and sewage.

He said: “The whole bottom floor had been inundated with a sewage overflow – which has covered our carpets, rugs and all kinds of precious (to us) things in a stinking sludge.”

Taking to Instagram, Brian poured his heart to his followers while slamming the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea council for being ‘responsible for all the misery that is going on in my neighbourhood.’

“I don’t know where to start really. This is still floor with water. Stuff strewn everywhere, disgusting,” he told his 2.8 million Instagram followers.

He blasted in an accompanying caption: “This devastation is a direct result of the infamous RBKC allowing the ruination of our quality of life.

“These are the same people who scandalously allowed the wrong cladding to be put on Grenfell Tower leading to the loss of so many lives.

“The same people who allowed a vast area at the end of Kensington High street historic buildings to allow the building of the – 1, Palace Gate monstrosity by developers – in spite of almost the whole population of Kensington objecting.”

Brian May has bemoaned the loss of some prized possessions
Brian May has bemoaned the loss of some prized possessions

Brian May shows some of the items that were ruined by the flood
Brian May shows some of the items that were ruined by the flood

Brian continued: “The same council that has allowed selfish basement building b**tards to ruin the lives of residents for endless years with the noise, pollution and destruction of our habitat by purely speculative basement construction.

“The RBKC have been called one of the most corrupt and negligent borough councils in England.

“I hold them responsible for all the misery that is going on in my neighbourhood tonight. It’s time they were held to account. Bri.”

Do you have a story to sell? Get in touch with us at [email protected] or call us direct 0207 29 33033.


Checkout latest world news below links :
World News || Latest News || U.S. News

Source link

Back to top button
SoundCloud To Mp3