Katie Price has said she didn’t call the police in Carl Woods as she publicly voiced her support for him when he posted a video saying he’d been the target of online abuse
Katie Price has said she didn’t call the police on Carl Woods in a supportive Instagram message over her alleged attack.
Carl, 32, posted a video of himself on his Instagram deck around 1pm today saying he’d been the target of abuse on social media, and said he would never hurt Katie.
The former glamour model, 43, commented on the Instagram post shortly after, saying his “mental health is so low” as she publicly voiced her support for him.
Katie wrote: “FACT, I’ve ALWAYS said DON’T believe everything you read in the media and what Carl is saying is true.
“FACT I’ve NEVER called the police on Carl my police investigation I’m currently going through to a incident a few weeks ago is not to do with Carl.
“This man’s mental health is so low and easy to say suicidal.
“Someone played what they thought was a clever game and involved the media with inaccurate information.”
She finished her comment with the hashtag #harveyslaw, referring to her campaign to make online abuse a specific offence and create a register of offenders.
In his video, Carl said he is a “good fella” who would “never hit or hurt her.”
Carl said: “I’ve not been on Instagram for a long, long time. Let me tell you this past month has been one of the roughest of my life.
“I had to go into hiding and shut down. If I wasn’t a stronger person in the head it would absolutely have defeated me.”
He added: “Everyone just remember who I am and all the things I did at the start when I first came onto the scene, that’s all I can say.
“I’m a good fella. I’ve always been a good fella and always will be a good fella
“Anyone who thinks anything different of me, when you know the truth and I’m allowed to tell the truth, you’ll be eating your words.
“I just hope everyone who had the balls to abuse me has the balls to say sorry. That is what I ask because I’ve screenshotted every single one of you.
“And finally just as I said in my story last time, I come under so much speculation and so much vile abuse because of how the media was played.
“I have never and would never, ever do a thing to hurt Katie, never.”
He continued: “Never ever, ever, have I felt so low. I’ve never been involved in this media world before. I’ve never seen how corrupt [it is].
“Pointing fingers at people and people jump on the bandwagon and say the most vile things with no factual information whatsoever.”
Last month Katie was rushed to hospital after sustaining facial injuries in an alleged assault.
Essex Police said in a statement at the time “We were called by colleagues in the ambulance service to reports of an assault in Little Canfield, shortly after 1.30am this morning, Monday 23 August.
“We arrived and found a woman had sustained a facial injury which required hospital treatment.
“A 32-year-old man was arrested a short time later on suspicion of assault.”
Essex Police confirmed he has been released on police bail, but the man was re-bailed earlier this week and then rebailed again today until next month.