Celebrity News

David Beckham ‘splits from PR guru after less than one year of working together’

David Beckham has quit working with a leading PR guru – with ties to the highest levels of society – after less than a year.

The 46-year-old sporting legend appointed 32-year-old Loulou Dundas as Head of Communications at his company, David Beckham Ventures, in August last year.

But the pair are now said to be going their separate ways – less than a year after Loulou, who is the daughter of Lord Bruce Dundas, aka the former boss of jeweller Asprey, took on the responsibility of promoting Dave’s business partnerships with brands like Adidas and Tudor watches.

The ex-footballer and the PR oracle are said to have split on good terms, however – but the end of the business relationship has reportedly caused a stir of surprise among the public relations industry.

David Beckham will be looking for a new Head of Communications at his business

The Sun on Sunday quotes a source stating: “It was an interesting appointment and had a lot of tongues wagging in high society circles.

“Loulou relished working with Becks. It’s a full-on role and she earned an extremely competitive salary.

“It is a bit surprising she is leaving. But she has done a great job and there has been no falling out. The role looks amazing on her CV and there’s no shortage of PR gurus wanting to work for Becks.”

Loulou Dundas (L) and Max Dundas
Loulou Dundas has walked away from being Head of Communications at David Beckham Ventures

It may take a brave PR executive to take on the Beckhams as a client, however, as the family tend to land themselves in PR disasters of their own making.

Last year, Victoria found herself at the centre of public fury when it was revealed she had used taxpayer money to fund her staff via the UK government’s furlough scheme.

Despite being worth an estimated £370 million, the former Spice Girl decided to turn to the public purse to pay her staff rather than dip her hand into her own pockets.

The star was forced to perform a humiliating U-turn when public opinion turned against her.

While David has suffered huge embarrassments of his own over the years – not least in 2017 when leaked emails showed him venting fury over the fact he hadn’t been given a knighthood.

It was alleged he had branded the honours committee, who decide who should be made a Sir of Dame, “unappreciative c***s”, while other course language was used by the star about fellow celebrity, Katherine Jenkins.

The star raged in an email: “Katherine Jenkins OBE for what? Singing at the rugby and going to see the troops plus taking coke. F**king joke.”

David and Victoria Beckham
Both David and Victoria have endured severe PR disasters in recent years

Indeed, Katherine hit back at David in 2018 to blast him for his outburst – saying: “It’s obviously disappointing. I’ve never heard anything from them about it.

“You’re just minding your own business and you get caught up in this massive storm. You just think, ‘Aw, I wasn’t doing anything’. To get caught up in that wasn’t pleasant. I don’t know why, again, that was aimed at me.”

And in 2019, David made headlines when he plead guilty to using a mobile phone while driving – prompting a court to slap him with a six month driving ban.


Checkout latest world news below links :
World News || Latest News || U.S. News

Source link

Back to top button
SoundCloud To Mp3