In this role, the selected candidate will serve as a Data Associate in our Chicago office on our client facing Data Strategy Group on the larger Engagement Team. The successful applicant will be responsible for assisting clients and users with their complex data issues, escalating issues/bugs to the appropriate parties (as necessary) and developing systems and internal processes that make handling/manipulating large/complex datasets and legacy data platform migrations increasingly efficient and effective. The ideal candidate will use analytical, data manipulation, and problem-solving skills to ensure our clients are maximizing their investment in Nextpoint and achieving high levels of success. This is a fast paced and challenging role, but for the appropriate candidate that thrives on problem solving, leveraging/documenting learnings from prior data manipulation projects, and contributing to the evolution of the software, it is a great opportunity to be part of a fantastic/hardworking team.
- Strategize and execute large data import/migration needs; Escalate tickets to the Software Engineering Teams when necessary.
- Organize and oversee a personal data intake queue to ensure that all deadlines are being met.
- Contribute to an ever evolving library of findings, considerations, and scripts pertaining to legacy data migrations and complex data imports into the Nextpoint platform.
- Consult with clients regarding their complex data projects, provide pricing/project quotes, and provide progress updates/reports to the clients and end users, in concise, understandable terms.
- This role will be part of an on-call rotation for periodic after hours and weekend support (approximately once every two months)
- This role is a hybrid in-office/remote with the expectation that 3 days out of the work week would be in the Chicago Nextpoint office.
- Bachelor’s Degree: in Engineering, Technology, Business, Legal or related fields; or significant relevant experience.
- Experience with object-oriented development (Ruby, Java, Perl, Python, etc.) is a plus.
- Technical troubleshooting skills to understand and address data file issues, identify and navigate network problems, and diagnose various technical issues.
- Familiarity with file formats and document types from macOS and Windows applications and utilize third-party software to perform conversions when necessary
- Advanced skills with Excel (vlookups, macros, etc.). Experience using formulas in Excel to manipulate data.
- Experience with a support/ticketing/PM system such as Zendesk or Jira strongly preferred
- Ability to accurately determine a client’s requirements and take ownership of client requests.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Proven aptitude for working within tight deadlines and a fast paced environment
- High attention to detail, excellent organization, and client-service orientation skills.
- Has been vaccinated or will soon be vaccinated for Covid-19
Who We Are
Nextpoint is the industry leader in delivering cloud-based services for eLaw. Our market leading software and services help legal related organizations conquer their eDiscovery, Litigation, and Admin needs. We do this by providing a powerful SaaS platform with world-class support and engagement teams that help hundreds of law firms across the country manage large data sets, identify relevant information via AI and complex searches, and organize evidence to build compelling arguments to support their clients’ interests. Our progressive, customer-focused approach and entrepreneurial spirit has enabled us to remain independent and self-funded and is now fueling our rapid growth. The legal industry is undergoing an exciting transformation as new technologies redefine how data is managed in the cloud, and Nextpoint is leading the way with innovative solutions that meet the needs of this dynamic market.
- Compensation is very competitive and commensurate with experience
- PPO Health Plan, Dental and Vision
- Transit benefits
- Unlimited PTO policy & paid holidays
- Generous professional development stipend
- Generous home office stipend
- 401k plan & match
- Free in-office lunch every day and a stocked kitchen and bar!
- And more!
A candidate looking for a Hybrid schedule in the city of Chicago is preferred. However we are open to the possibility of a remote candidate, with the understanding that travel and working on-site for meetings and trials (wherever they may be in the country) is required for this position.
Nextpoint headquarters in Chicago, Illinois with an office in Madison, Wisconsin and operations in the SF Bay area. The company operates on a hybrid model, with options for individuals who prefer to work in an office environment, those who wish to work remotely, and those who are interested in blending the two. We are flexible and believe that individuals should be able to work in the style and manner that best suits their strengths, life situation, geographic location, and the role and responsibility of the position.
Mandatory Covid Vaccine Policy
Nextpoint has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy to safeguard the health and well-being of employees and their families, customers, and the community. An exemption may be requested on the basis of a qualifying medical condition, or for religious beliefs, and the company will engage in an interactive process to identify possible reasonable accommodations.
We have earned a place on the list of “50 BEST SMALL COMPANIES TO WORK FOR IN CHICAGO 2022”!
We seek out colleagues who are interested in working with high-performing professionals, developing their own professional skills, and seeing the impact of their contributions to our company. We are relentlessly team-focused and customer-centric. Working at Nextpoint is an entrepreneurial adventure. Projects move fast and plans change frequently as we navigate opportunities and meet the needs of our clients. We take pride in having a friendly, open office life that is relaxed and honest. We enjoy spending time with one another in the office as well as outside of work. We are problem solvers, simplifiers, and challenge seekers, but above all we strive for a happy workplace and satisfied clients. We enjoy working on impacting the legal justice system and thinking about how legal, regulatory, and government processes will evolve to address emerging technology and how the technologies we develop impact under-served and vulnerable communities as well as the environment.
Feel free to check out our reviews on Glassdoor , G2 , and Capterra !
Equal Opportunity Employer
Nextpoint is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to foster a diverse workplace, actively seeking to recruit, retain and promote people of color and LBGTQ candidates. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. If you are interested in our company we encourage you to apply even if you do not see an applicable job description, as we are growing fast and are always on the lookout for high performing, curious, entrepreneurial-minded individuals to join our team!