The special shares inspiring stories of breast cancer survivors who face challenges and bravely conquer them. Featured stories include the following:
- A 38-year-old woman shares her journey of being diagnosed with breast cancer and finding out she was pregnant a week later, while dealing with the death of two family members who passed away from cancer.
- A mother of two, who correctly suspected she had breast cancer, was fortunate enough to accomplish two surgeries before the COVID-19 shutdowns impacted New York. She shares her perspective on mammograms needing to be affordable and covered by insurance for women under 40.
- An ER nurse diagnosed with breast cancer moves quickly to freeze her eggs before undergoing chemotherapy.
- A 34-year-old nurse diagnosed with breast cancer remains on the frontline during the COVID-19 pandemic despite her breast cancer having metastasized to her liver. She shares the cancer research that saved her life.
- A two-time survivor of 15 years speaks of being saved twice due to early detection in her mammogram exams.
- Two women speak of the role American Cancer Society has played in their lives and the unfortunate reduction in research funding due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The special features experts that include doctors and researchers from Northwell Health Cancer Institute, Northwell Health Center for Cancer, Pregnancy & Reproduction, the American Cancer Society, Mount Sinai Health System, NYU Langone Perlmutter Cancer Center & Murray Hill Radiology.
The annual special is part of ‘s continuing commitment to the American Cancer Society’s “Making Strides Against Breast Cancer” campaign. The station has produced a number of compelling local specials raising awareness of breast cancer. Previous specials have won seven Emmy Awards and three National Gracie Allen Awards. Viewers can access resources and information at ABC7NY.com/BreastCancer.
About ABC7/ New York
has been the leader in local news and entertainment programming in the New York City area for more than 60 years. Producing more than 45 hours of live, local news and weather each week, Channel 7 “Eyewitness News” is the most-watched local news in New York and the United States. also produces the No. 1 syndicated talk show, “Live with Kelly and Ryan,” weekdays at 9:00 a.m., which is seen in more than 200 markets across the U.S. Quality news and programming, cutting-edge technology and ongoing community outreach are the hallmarks of excellence that have consistently kept New York’s No. 1 station and the most-watched television station in the nation.
Seen in our show: Web sites and resources
American Cancer Society
For Info on walks & to donate
Northwell Health Cancer Institute
Northwell Health Center for Cancer, Pregnancy & Reproduction
Murray Hill Radiology
Mount Sinai Health System
NYU Langone Perlmutter Cancer Center
NYS Affordable Health Care
People Living with Cancer
Patient Info., American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
Help us to become independent in PANDEMIC COVID-19. Contribute to diligent Authors.