Some of New York City’s best eateries, as well as live music and entertainment will be on full display all weekend long.
Set between the Brooklyn and Manhattan bridges along the waterfront in the Brooklyn neighborhood of DUMBO, the market will once again offer New Yorker’s and visitors a range of culinary options from New York staples Jacob’s Pickles and Clinton Street Baking Company.
The market’s setting, which offers panoramic views and plenty of al fresco dining on their fifth-floor rooftop terrace, will reopen with new Covid protocols and social distancing restrictions in place. For those who prefer the Market’s take-away options, a picnic in Brooklyn Bridge Park is always a great option too.
The Market will reopen with 12 culinary concepts as well as a few newcomers including Sugar Hill Creamery, Fornino, Wayla and Tiki Chick. More restaurants are expected to join the roster in the coming weeks.
“Time Out Market New York’s award-winning chefs, restaurateurs and cultural luminaries harmonize the heart, creativity and flavor of the city under one roof,” Sumindi Peiris, Chief Marketing Officer of Time Out said. “We look to give our guests—who have a higher appreciation for social activities and entertainment—an engaging experience to further their culinary journeys.”
Time Out Market has also released a new app available on the app store that will allow you to place your order and pre-orders completely contactless. There’s also an option called ‘Market Favorites’ that will allow you to select menu items from different kitchens. Delivery options via UberEats, DoorDash and Caviar are available as well.
Additional enhanced Covid protocols this year will include sanitation stations, advanced technology air circulation, social distancing table partitions, plexiglass shields at counters and additional cleaning crews as well as personal protective equipment (PPE) for staff.
Here’s a look at what the opening culinary lineup will include:
- Chote Miya: A casual Indian eatery and newest concept by owner of Bombay House Hospitality, Jimmy Rivzi known for Gramercy Park hotspot, Gupshup.
- Jacob’s Pickles: Southern-style comfort food is executed flawlessly with a menu of abundant and flavorsome artisanal back-to-basic dishes.
- Ivy Stark: One of New York City’s top chefs with 20-plus years of cooking experience, serves a menu packed with her interpretations of modern Mexican at her Mexology concept.
- BKLYN Wild: The fully plant-based concept by Ivy Stark centered on fresh, market-driven ingredients to create crave-worthy and healthy comfort dishes.
- Pat LaFrieda Meat Purveyors has gained the reputation of New York’s premium butcher and offers prime cuts and quality meats in a mix of tasty signature sandwiches, juicy sliders and other favorites.
- Felice Pasta Bar: A neighborhood staple serving fresh pasta full of the authentic flavors of Tuscany.
- Clinton Street Baking Company: One of New York City’s most loved brunch spots by co-owners chef Neil Kleinberg and DeDe Lahman. Enjoy melt-in-your-mouth pancakes and signature dishes like the Biscuit Egg Sandwich and Brioche French Toast.
- Sugar Hill Creamery: By husband-and-wife duo Nick Larsen and Petrushka Bazin Larsen known for their sweet ice cream concoctions inspired by their Caribbean and Midwestern backgrounds, and Harlem their home for over 15 years.
- Fornino: Artisanal pizza from Brooklyn chef Michael Ayoub combining traditional techniques with delicious toppings and perfect crusts.
- Wayla: Where chef Tom Naumsuwan offers a fresh take on homestyle Thai food with an innovative market inspired menu.
- Mr. Taka: By Chef Takatoshi Nagara and Takayuki Watanabe, who will serve their creative take on Tonkotsu Ramen which has no shortage of rave reviews and an unparalleled pedigree when it comes to ramen cuisine. (Coming this summer.)
The Market’s two main bars will serve seasonal craft cocktails, beer and wine as well as handcrafted non-alcoholic beverages.
Throughout the opening weekend, cultural events will include live music and performances in addition to augmented reality artwork by Kaleida Studio and a floral installation by La Catrina Flower Studio.
The Market will also be debuting its Love Local Brews Bar, which spotlights eight Brooklyn breweries including Coney Island Brewing Company
You can learn more about Time Out Market New York here.
World News || Latest News || U.S. News